Work For A Chicago Brewery!
Servers/ Bar Tenders
At Vice District we are looking to immediately expand our team by filling the positions of bartender/ servers. We are a brewery that focuses on not only providing the best tasting beer that we can, but also welcoming guests into our space and giving them an unparalleled experience. We are looking for fun, energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals with the desire to engage with new and interesting people in a comfortable and welcoming space.
- Welcome each guest hospitably and immediately
- Provide the guest with exceptional product and local area knowledge
- Engage with guests (not just take their orders)
- Pour and serve beer properly
- Clean, clean, clean (behind bar, tables, floors, restrooms etc).
- Adhere to company safety, sanitary, etc. policies and procedures.
- Work evenings or weekends, as required
- Ability to multi-task in a noisy and fast-paced, distraction-filled environment
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or significant matters, take corrective action when necessary
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurate, calculate and return appropriate change
- Become proficient in operating the POS system
- Contribute in a positive way to the community culture
- Move about facility and stand for extended periods of time
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Bend and stoop while serving guests
- Read and write handwritten notes
- Maintain thorough understanding of all menu items, and be able to answer guest questions regarding each
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- At least one (1) year serving experience/ customer service experience required
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong oral communication skills
- Open availability (nights, weekends, holidays as needed)
- Customer service oriented
- Strong ability to work in a team environment with others
- Self starter/ someone with initiative
- Be able to engage with a variety of customers about a variety of topics
- Be awesome
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org